How to import existing email & contacts to Office 365: You can import or copy your Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook.com email to Office 365. The method you select depends on what current email system is and how many mailboxes you have to copy. When an Outlook app- like outlook 2016- is installed on your computer, you can use it to move email, contacts, and calendar items from one email account to another. For example, let’s say you have an Office 365 mailbox and a Gmail account. You can add both of them to Outlook 2016. Then, you can use outlook 2016 to export items from your Gmail account and import them to your office 365 mailbox. Your source system is Gmail and you want to move data to Outlook 2016 (Office 365).
How to import existing email & contacts to Office 365: You can add your office 365 mailbox to an Outlook 2016 or 2013. Then, you can use outlook to move email, contacts, and calendar items into your office 365 mailbox. Here’s what you have to do:
- First of all, add your ‘source” email account to outlook. For example, you might add your Gmail account to Outlook 2016. You have to wait a bit for all your email and contacts to show up.
- Add your Office 365 email account to outlook. After you do this, Outlook will automatically sync with office 365. You’ll see the contents of your office 365 mailbox appear in outlook.
- Now, select from the export instructions to export your email from your source account to a .pst file.
- For example, if you have outlook 2010, select “outlook 2010: Export Outlook items to a .Pst fiile”.
- Select from the import instructions (below) in this article to import your email to Office 365.
- For example, if you have Outlook 2016, select “Outlook 2013 and outlook 2016: import Outlook items from a .pst file”.
- Because Outlook is syncing with your office 365 email accounts, when you import your email using the instructions, the email will go directly into your Office 365 email account.
Note: This webpage is completely dedicated to How to import existing email & contacts to Office 365. You can bookmark this page and visit again to know latest updates.